Although goober Messenger looks like just another Instant Messaging client, it is in fact much much more.
goober Messenger encompasses absolutely everything from aggregating RSS feeds to video playback and cheap calls to mobile networks worldwide. This is undoubtedly an ambitious package but for the most part, goober Messenger does a decent job of providing them all quickly and efficiently. When you install goober Messenger, you'll need to sign-up for an account which takes a minute or so although doesn't involve divulging anything you're not comfortable with.
The toolbar along the top is the main control center for goober Messenger. From here you can add new messenger contacts from major IM clients, manage your address book and add widgets amongst other things. The widget function is something that makes goober Messenger a little more unique than other IM clients as they allow you to expand the functionality of goober Messenger very easily.
You've also got access to an online hard drive which only gives you 200MB of free space but it's better than nothing. Another interesting feature is the radio and TV button which allows you to watch and listen to TV and radio channels within goober Messenger. Many of the channels are pretty obscure but the quality of streaming is good and you can watch them in full screen by double clicking on them. Other buttons include options to join special topic orientated chat rooms, payment for sending text messages, a text messaging function and a button to change goober Messenger settings.
goober Messenger deserves full marks for being innovative and although it feels maybe a bit too overwhelming at first. If you were to take advantage of all of it's features though, you'd have a mighty powerful and comprehensive messenger, multimedia and online storage solution.
- Many functions are now provided with a link to a tutorial video explaining their use.
- Now also for Mac & Linux
- Even better quality for users in the same LAN
- Status of connection quality displayed
- Editing mode: Change your last message. Your chat partner only sees the changed notice
- Images will now be displayed directly in the chat window
- Links to received files are also visible in the chat window
- google Talk
- Design: Configure your contact list yourself by adding graphics
- Shortcuts: Define for yourself the functions that you wish to access directly